Individuals are eligible to apply for a grant based on the following:
- Have a disability determination from Social Security or the State Medicaid Agency, or a disability defined as intellectual, mental or physical impairment that is verified by medical findings.
- Meet income guidelines established by Arcare or receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
Persons in Household Maximum Income 1 $13,590 2 $18,310 3 $23,030 4 $27,750 Persons in Household Maximum Income 5 $32,470 6 $37,190 7 $41,910 8 $46,630
- Have no available funding source, such as, but not limited to, Medicare, Medicaid or private insurance.
- Have not received a grant from Arcare, Inc. within the last calendar year.
- Not have exceeded the maximum grant monies available for an individual, or $2,500 per calendar year.
Funds may be used for the following goods and services:
- Medical care including physician services, treatment and prescriptions not covered by Medicare, Medicaid or private insurance
- Dental care and treatment not covered by Medicare, Medicaid or private insurance
- Rehabilitation training, services or devices not covered by Medicare, Medicaid, KVRS or private insurance
- Supplemental educational expenses
- Personal goods and services or equipment needed to enhance comfort and quality of life
- Transportation expenses for the individual applicant or for friends and relatives to visit the applicant
- Durable medical goods and equipment
- Shelter and utilities
- Auto and home repairs
- Deposits (only if the deposit cannot be used for future rent payments)
Complete the online form below to apply for grant funding. If you are unable to complete the form for any reason, please contact Anna McNamara at email@example.com for assistance. Please keep in mind that funding decisions are usually made within 15 business days. For minors receiving no public benefits, the funding committee, at their discretion, may require proof of household income.
- Requests will be reviewed and approved by the Arcare executive director. The Executive Director, at her discretion, may request input from the Arcare board of directors.
- Grant applications will be reviewed in a timely manner. Approval may take up to 15 business days and longer if additional information is needed. The grant application will be returned if not completed.
- Written award notices will be sent to applicants following review. All applicants, both approved and denied, will receive notification.
Applications will be rated on the basis of demonstrated need as described in the application. The clarity of the presentation and completeness of the application may affect the funding decision. At minimum the following criteria will be considered:
- Goods and/or services requested are clearly defined and meet the guidelines noted above.
- The applicant’s situation substantiates the need for the requested item or support.
- The requested item or support will not jeopardize the individual’s benefits.
- The applicant’s income meets the specified financial guidelines.
- The availability of Charitable Funds.