- Have a disability determination from Social Security or the State Medicaid Agency, or a disability defined as intellectual, mental or physical impairment that is verified by medical findings.
- Meet income guidelines established by Arcare or receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
Persons in Household Maximum Income 1 $13,590 2 $18,310 3 $23,030 4 $27,750 Persons in Household Maximum Income 5 $32,470 6 $37,190 7 $41,910 8 $46,630
- Have no available funding source, such as, but not limited to, Medicare, Medicaid or private insurance.
- Have not received a grant from Arcare, Inc. within the last calendar year.
- Not have exceeded the maximum grant monies available for an individual, or $2,500 per calendar year.
- Medical care including physician services, treatment and prescriptions not covered by Medicare, Medicaid or private insurance
- Dental care and treatment not covered by Medicare, Medicaid or private insurance
- Rehabilitation training, services or devices not covered by Medicare, Medicaid, KVRS or private insurance
- Supplemental educational expenses
- Personal goods and services or equipment needed to enhance comfort and quality of life
- Transportation expenses for the individual applicant or for friends and relatives to visit the applicant
- Durable medical goods and equipment
- Shelter and utilities
- Auto and home repairs
- Deposits (only if the deposit cannot be used for future rent payments)
- Requests will be reviewed and approved by the Arcare executive director. The Executive Director, at her discretion, may request input from the Arcare board of directors.
- Grant applications will be reviewed in a timely manner. Approval may take up to 15 business days and longer if additional information is needed. The grant application will be returned if not completed.
- Written award notices will be sent to applicants following review. All applicants, both approved and denied, will receive notification.
- Goods and/or services requested are clearly defined and meet the guidelines noted above.
- The applicant’s situation substantiates the need for the requested item or support.
- The requested item or support will not jeopardize the individual’s benefits.
- The applicant’s income meets the specified financial guidelines.
- The availability of Charitable Funds.